ONLINE ORDERING - TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TRADE
These Terms & Conditions govern your use of the www.sumawholesale.com website and your relationship with www.sumawholesale.com (Suma, we, us). Please read them carefully as they refer to you, (the customer, the Account Holder) and your rights and liabilities under the law. Please also print and keep a copy of them for your reference.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for or use the www.sumawholesale.com site. Please note that to use any of the services provided on the www.sumawholesale.com site, you are required to register as an authorised user on the site. Suma reserves the right to decline a registration request at its sole discretion.
1. Use of www.sumawholesale.com
- i. The www.sumawholesale.com site is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the www.sumawholesale.com Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- ii. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights. Any questions concerning these Terms and Conditions or issues arising therefrom should be directed to:
- Suma Wholefoods
- Lacy Way
- Lowfields Business Park
- W. Yorks
- HX5 9DB
- Tel: 01422 313845
- E: info@Suma.coop
- Triangle Wholefoods Collective Ltd
- T/A Suma Foods
- West Yorkshire
- HX5 9DB
- Tel: 0845 458 2290
- Fax: 01422 313869
- Registered Office
- Unit G15
- Lacy Way
- Lowfields Business Park
- HX5 9DB
VAT number: GB313417003
Registered with the FSA. No. 21975R
- i. To register with www.sumawholesale.com you must be over eighteen years of age. You must ensure that the details you provide on registration or at any other time are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- ii. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided at the time of your registration to use the Site by updating your personal details on the site or by contacting Suma Customer Services.
- iii. In registering to use the www.sumawholesale.com site you undertake not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
3. Password & security.
- i. When you register to use the www.sumawholesale.com site, you will be asked to create a unique password. This password is the Account Holder Password and as the Account Holder you will be liable for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under this password.
- ii. If www.sumawholesale.com, has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the www.sumawholesale.com site, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account at our sole discretion.
4. Order confirmation.
- i. Following receipt of your order you will be sent an acknowledgement by email detailing the price of the goods you have ordered and any associated delivery costs to be charged to you.
- ii. At all times our acceptance of an order is subject to our terms and conditions, as stated in our acknowledgement and acceptance emails.
5. Our Rights
We reserve the right to:
- i. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website and/or
- ii. change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
6. Prices / Delivery Charges
- i. Prices noted on the Website are for guidance purposes only and are subject to increases from time to time to reflect increases in Suma’s material and/or production costs.
- ii. They do not include any VAT payable and do not reflect any discount to which a customer may be entitled at our discretion. Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing, all prices are payable in Pounds Sterling.
- iii. With the exception of items ordered and sold individually by weight (e.g. cheese), the price of the goods will be as quoted on the order acknowledgement communication, subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable.
- iv. If you subsequently amend your order to add items, the prices charged will be those applicable to the additional items at the time that the amended order is acknowledged.
- v. Where a substitute item is offered in place of an item ordered, the price charged for that substitute item (if accepted) will be the price applicable at the time the item is substituted.
- vi. Please note that as promotions are offered for a limited period of time, subsequent amendments to your order may mean that certain promotions are no longer available.
- vii. Where items are ordered and sold individually by weight, the price of these items will be the price on the date that they are weighed. Although we have an indicative weight guide on the website, this is merely to assist your planning and the price you will be charged is the price for the actual weight you receive.
- viii. We make every effort to ensure that our prices are correct right up to the minute, and we aim to have our web prices up-to-date 100% of the time. However, there may be occasions when there is a delay in updating our web prices. For that reason, prices quoted on the website are for guidance purposes only. With the exception of items ordered and sold individually by weight (e.g. some cheeses), the price you will be charged for the goods will be as quoted in the order acknowledgement email you received after placing the order, subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable.
7. Orders, Additions and Right to Cancel
- i. Orders must be received no later than midday on the day preceding scheduled despatch to your area. (Follow this link for more detailed delivery information in the Help menu.)
- ii. Any additions to the order must be received no later than 3 p.m. on the day preceding scheduled despatch to your area.
- iii. You do not have the right to cancel the order at any time after 3 p.m. on the day preceding scheduled despatch to your area.
- iv. Should you wish to cancel your order after this time, as detailed in our Terms and Conditions, but prior to the time of delivery, we shall be entitled to charge you in full for an amount equal to the price of the items contained in your order and the cost of delivery.
8. Orders containing alcohol
- i. Pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003, it is an offence for any person under the age of eighteen to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor, or for any person over the age of eighteen to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of eighteen, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £1000.
- ii. Suma is committed to upholding both its legal and social obligations as a reseller of intoxicating liquor. In order to achieve this, persons ordering alcohol are required to confirm that they are over eighteen years of age and to set up a special password for use when placing subsequent orders involving alcohol. Any such password must in no circumstances be made available to persons under eighteen years of age. If it is suspected at any time that any such password has become available to someone under eighteen years of age, Suma must be notified directly and a new password agreed.
- iii. In accepting these Conditions you agree to provide www.sumawholesale.com with truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licencing Act of 2003.
- iv. Any orders containing alcohol, delivered and left unattended at the customer’s express request, will become the sole liability of that customer from the point of delivery and Suma, as supplier, will be exonerated from any contraventions of theLicencing Act of 2003. arising therefrom.
9. Special Offers and Promotions
- i. From time to time at our sole discretion, purchases of goods may be subject to special offers. In the event that such a special offer applies to your purchase, the terms of such special offer shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. If there is any conflict between the terms of a special offer and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless specifically excluded.
- ii. We may change the terms of special offers, or withdraw them altogether, at any time and without prior notice.
- iii. We reserve the right to offer different customers different special offers and/or promotions.
10. Delivery/Collection Arrangements
- i. Deliveries will not be available on any days when Suma is closed for business.
- ii. Orders for collection are scheduled in agreement with Suma Distribution and collected at appointed times during normal hours of business.
11. Delivery Restrictions.
- i. Delivery will be available in designated scheduled delivery areas.
- ii. We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas, and this includes the right to non-delivery to individual customers' addresses in exceptional circumstances.
- iii. We may at our sole discretion arrange delivery through a third-party carrier to deliver outside the catchment of our scheduled deliveries.
- i. Delivery will be made to the address specified by you when you register on the Website.
- ii. Delivery and risk of the goods shall take place at these premises, where the customer shall provide adequate and appropriate equipment and/or labour for unloading the goods at the customer's liability and expense.
- iv. You can change your delivery address through the “CHANGE MY DETAILS” facility on the Website and you are obliged to do this if you move so that we can deliver to the correct address.
- v. Products are offered for sale subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. Suma may limit the quantity of goods (especially if these are on a special or promotional offer) supplied to any one customer.
- vi. In the event of any goods ordered being out of stock, your order acknowledgement communication will alert you to that possibility. To arrange a substitute item or items, please register in the “DELIVERY DETAILS” facility on the Website.
- vii. We will always try to supply you with the full quantities of goods that you have ordered.
- viii. We take special care to endeavour to make deliveries at a time that suits our customers within reasonable operating parameters. If no one is at the appointed address when the delivery is attempted and no contact with the account holder or the account holder’s representative can be made, resulting in non-delivery of the goods, Suma reserves the right to charge the account holder in full for the items ordered and for associated transport costs.
- ix. Please note that adverse weather conditions or other events beyond our reasonable control may result in the occasional late or aborted delivery. If that is the case, we will contact you as soon as is practicable in order to reschedule your delivery time and date.
- x. Suma will ordinarily only make deliveries when an appropriate person, who must be aged eighteen or above, is available to receive and sign for the delivery. If you instruct us to leave the delivery unattended at a specified address, Suma expressly disclaims all liability which may arise by virtue of the delivery being left unattended for any period of time.
- xi. This includes but is not limited to theft, tampering, contamination and the result of any change in temperature in respect of items which need to be kept chilled or frozen.
13. Methods Of Payment
Please always quote your Suma Customer Number when you contact us.
- i. All goods supplied remain the property of Suma until they have been paid for.
- ii. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds.
- iii. Card Payments
We can take Credit Card payments but we do charge a 1% handling surcharge. Debit cards don’t carry a surcharge. We don’t accept Diners Club or American Express.
You can pay for your orders automatically by registering your card with us. You can do this by calling our Payments Line on 01422 313878 or our Credit Control Team on 01422 313847. We will then automatically debit the card after the agreed number of credit days (see Account Terms and Credit Agreements below).
- iv. Bank Transfer
We can provide our bank details and you can set up a payment to go from your bank to ours – please contact our Credit Control Team on 01422 313847 or email email@example.com
We are sorry but we cannot set up Direct Debit payments.
We currently don’t offer online payment or PayPal.
You can also pay as you go along and call our Credit Control team on 01422 313847 to make a payment over the phone.
We can accept cheques either by post or to the driver upon point of delivery but we do encourage our customers to use debit cards or bank transfer as it’s a safer and quicker method of payment.
We do not accept cash payments to the driver.
- v.Making a Credit Claim
If you have an item that is damaged or missing from your order you can call our Claims Team on 01422 313860 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you have your account number, invoice number and the item number or item code at the ready.
We will then process your claim for that item. We do not offer refunds as we are a wholesaler and operate using debits and credits.
This is then automatically deducted from the payments due on your account.
You can also request a Returns Pad from us which you can use to return items and request credit claims once the driver has left. Usually you can return items to our driver on your next delivery with the completed Returns Form and the credit will be processed within 5 working days.
- vi. Account Terms and Credit Agreements
Most Suma customers are set up with 7 days credit as standard – this means that after 7 days you will be liable to pay the full amount of the due invoices on that account. If you require more credit days please contact our Credit Control team on 01422 313847 or email email@example.com and provide 2 Trade References – we will then follow these up and contact you with proposed credit terms.
Similarly, if you wish to discuss your credit limit with us please contact our Credit Control Team on 01422 313847.
- i. You must inspect the goods as soon as possible after delivery and notify us promptly in writing or by calling our Claims service, of any problem with your order.
- ii. Any such notification must be identified by your Suma customer account number and include the serial number of the invoice on which the goods were charged together with the product code or codes to which the claim refers.
- iii. Provided that you notify us in accordance with these terms, we will promptly reimburse in full the price of any goods from your order deemed in any way defective or that of any goods not ordered by you that have been included in error by adjusting your account with the appropriate credit payment. We will arrange with you for the goods to be returned to us suitably packaged and in a timely manner.
- iv. Suma reserves the right to reject claims against orders lodged any later than seven days after the day on which the delivery is made.
- v. In any event, our liability will be limited to the price of the goods in question notwithstanding our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty.
- vi. Should we be unable to settle your claim, you are entitled to submit a complaint via the ODR platform: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr
- i. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty.
- ii. Our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the price of the goods contained in that order.
- iii. We will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these Terms and Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- i. We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- ii. When you shop on the www.sumawholesale.com site, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, and a password.
- iii. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- iv. You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
- v. We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- vi. processing your orders;
- vii. for statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- viii. to serve Website content and advertisements to you;
- ix. if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- x. to administer this Website;
- xi. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- xii. Your personal information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Suma requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- xiii. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information we are entitled do so.
- xiv. In assessing your request for delivery of goods from us we may make enquiries about you including searching records held by credit reference agencies. We may also check your details held on security alert and fraud prevention schemes if applicable.
- xv. We respect your privacy. The personal information that you give us is held with care and in utmost security. We do not sell, rent or transfer this information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you agree otherwise.
- We may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to manage your shopping basket and track how many time and when you access our website. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will have the file names Sumawholesale.com Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
- i. If any of these terms and conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ii. All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors.
- iii. You are permitted to use the material data and content only for your personal use in placing orders through www.sumawholesale.com, and you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit, use or create derivative works of any material data and content on the www.sumawholesale.com website without Suma’s prior written permission. Suma may impose a fee on any proposed use of the material data and content contained on its website, other than for placing orders through the www.sumawholesale.com website.
- iv. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute which may arise between them.
Our preferred method of payment is by Debit Card or Bank Transfer. We ask for one single payment even if you have multiple invoices – this keeps our admin and card charges down.